Tuesday, September 01, 2009

We now return you to your regular scheduled blogging....

Yes, we're back in writing mode after all the Mini fun of the summer, and, yes, preparing for National Novel Writing Month already!

Last year's semi-serious attempt at an Old Testament Space Opera was mostly rubbish, but provided some useful plot points for further development and I have been tinkering with the running order and trimming the completely extraneous bits to produce something that might be edited into a reasonable story. The NaNo draft, however, did descend into utter silliness at times, but I have come up with the ideal solution to this.

This year I'm planning to start silly, and stay silly. I've said before that it's not going to be easy to remain funny for 30 days and 50,000 words (even for me), but it's got to be worth a try.

So, coming this November, straight from my WIPlist, will be DragonQuest, a comic fantasy based in the needlessly geeky world of 8-bit computers. Whether this quest is headed up by Milton Keynes, Miner Willy, or some other as yet uncreated character, is my first piece of prep work.

Before that, however, I want to polish the Christmas Carol homage I started in March, in the hope of releasing it into the wild in December. So watch this space...

No comments: