Tuesday, November 03, 2009

NaNoWriDayThree

I thought it was going to be a disaster.

I thought I was getting off to such an abysmal slow start that there would be no coming back.

But, incredibly, it picked up. Late at night on November 1st I got some kind of inspiration and started banging words out. At a quarter to midnight I got Chapter One finished, at a length of 1,666 words. (NaNites will realise the significance of that immediately; for anyone else, the clue is that I'm aiming to write 50,000 words in 30 days.)

Day two went off similarly well, such that I am now a few dozen words ahead of target, and only marginally more sleep-deprived than I otherwise would have been.

There is, however, a problem. This much is inevitable. The problem is one I knew I would come up against: my comic novel isn't funny. Still, I think it's a fun premise, and hopefully once I get to know my characters and figure out where the plot should be going, I'll be able to edit the funny in later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"My comic novel isn't funny." Perhaps we can swap problems, as my serious novel is tending toward funny two days in.

Amy P.
NaNite